- It's free
- You can't buy unless you're registered
- You can alert us to your specific product preferences
- Did we mention...it's free?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register?
Registration is free and available to anyone who wants to buy from GENCO Marketplace.
It is a two step process. Go to the registration page and fill in the short forms telling us a little about your business. Second, once your form is submitted, you will receive an email to validate your registration. You must activate your email address to be able to login to GENCOMarketplace.com.
If you are a business and want to be exempted from state sales taxes (especially if you are located in ), you will want to submit a valid tax exemption certificate to our Customer Service staff.
It is possible for a business to register multiple names with GENCO Marketplace. However, additional registrations from the same business must be done by Customer Service staff. Please contact them.
- Why should I register?
- To whom does GENCO Marketplace sell?
GENCO Marketplace sells and ships to businesses in the United States.
- Can I register if my business is based outside of the United States?
Only companies based in the United States can register on the website. Foreign firms who want to register and buy will need a US business license and a US-based address. Buyers based outside of the United States should contact our Customer Support Team with more questions.
- Do I pay taxes for purchases on this website?
GENCO Marketplace (GMP) currently charges and collects sales tax on orders when a buyer has not submitted a valid tax exemption certificate.
If a buyer has submitted a valid tax exemption certificate (i.e., resale certificate, etc.), GMP will not charge tax.
If a buyer has not submitted a valid tax exemption certificate prior to or at the time of sale and takes physical ownership in any jurisdiction where GMP is registered to collect sales tax, the buyer will be charged the appropriate state tax by GMP.
Note: if a buyer takes possession of purchased products in a jurisdiction where GMP is not registered to collect sales tax, GMP will not charge or collect that jurisdictions' tax. However, the buyer should contact their tax advisor to understand any tax obligations related to their purchases with GMP.
- What is the difference between private label branded product and private label?
National Branded Product is product that is not manufactured or specifically sold at a single retail outlet. Private Label is product that is manufactured and sold at a specific retail outlet.
- What kind of warranty is provided?
There are no warranties on liquidation merchandise and purchases cannot be returned. All product from surplus liquidators is sold "as-is where-is." This fact is reflected in the deeply discounted price for liquidation lots.
BIDDING AND PURCHASING
- How do I purchase products offered at a fixed price?
Contact customer service or your sales representative. We are currently not selling inventory online, but do have products available through a representative.
- What is my account page?
This is a central location on our website where you can quickly and easily manage your account. Use it to check orders pending for payment and view your purchase history.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- What are terms and conditions (T&Cs)?
- These are conditions, set by the retailers or manufacturers that are liquidating their inventory, related to reselling products in the secondary market. The conditions must be agreed to by the buyer prior to purchase. These conditions are established in order to protect the integrity of the brands and the retail pricing of the products. Surplus liquidators work with vendors to enforce these terms and conditions.
- Where do I find the T&Cs?
You will see and agree to the T&Cs on the registration form. You can view the current T&Cs on the "MY ACCOUNT" tab.
- Is a sales tax exemption certificate required?
Sales tax exemption certificates are not required to place an order with GENCO Marketplace (GMP) in the United States or Canada. However, GMP collects state sales tax in the U.S. in certain scenarios. Please read the answer to "Do I pay taxes for purchases on this website?" in the Registration and Buying section of FAQs.
- What is a sales tax exemption certificate?
A tax exemption certificate exempts buyers from paying sales tax on their purchases. It may also be called a Sales Tax License, Sales and Use Tax Permit, Seller's Permit, or Certificate of Authority. Please visit our Tax Exemption Resource Page for instructions and forms.
- How do I obtain a Resale Certificate/Sales Tax License?
- PAYMENT QUESTIONS
- What type of payments do you accept?
GENCO Marketplace accepts payment by bank wire transfer and credit card. All purchases will require payment before merchandise is shipped. A ship method must be chosen for all products on an order PRIOR TO selecting a payment method. All bids and sale transactions must be conducted directly with our Pittsburgh, PA corporate office. Wire Information: Your wire transfer will be made directly to GENCO in Pittsburgh, PA. Wiring information will be provided to the buyer via email, or you can call 1-800-224-3141, option #2.
- Are there special guidelines for credit card payments?
GENCO accepts payment through Discover, MasterCard and Visa for orders placed online. There is a cap on credit card usage of $10,000 per customer per day in the United States.
- Can I pay for multiple purchase agreements with one wire?
Yes, as long as you reference all of the purchase agreement numbers on the wire.
- How long does it take to receive a wire transfer?
The length of time can vary. On average, it takes two hours before it shows up in our account.
- How long does it take to process a wire transfer?
It normally takes one day. This timeframe can be shortened if the purchase agreement information is referenced on your wire.
- When may I schedule a pickup of my goods?
Product is typically released within 24 hours after the wire has been posted or credit card payment received.
- Who is responsible for freight cost?
The purchaser is responsible for and shall pay the cost of any and all shipping. This includes trucking, special handling (residential delivery, liftgate, and call for appointment), duties, and clearing cost. GENCO Transportation can provide shipping services at discounted rates.
- How do I get a shipping estimate?
Please contact the transportation department at POD7@FEDEX.COM for a shipping quote.
- What are accessorial services?
Any shipping service that is not considered "standard procedure" may require additional fees and is referred to as an accessorial service or fee. Following are examples of available accessorial services. You can choose any and all of these options during the checkout process.
- Delivery Appointment: Indicates whether or not delivery appointment is required at the receiving location.
- Commercial: Indicates whether or not the receiving location is a commercial site.
- Liftgate service: When the shipping or receiving address does not have a loading dock, manual loading or unloading is necessary. A liftgate is a platform at the back of certain trucks that can raise and lower a shipment from the ground to the truck. Additional fees apply for this service.
- Residential Delivery: If you do not have a commercial location that actually opens and closes at set times each day within a commercially zoned area, you will be considered a residence and extra fees will apply for pickup and delivery.
Here are some shipping conditions:
- All truckload shipments will be transported on 48-foot and 53-foot trailers that do not have lift gates. We do not offer Liftgate Service on full truck load shipments.
- Truckload shipments cannot be delivered to a residence or any residential area due to truck size constraints.
- It is required that the destination location has a loading dock or equipment to remove the pallets from the trailer (forklift, pallet jack, etc.).
- The destination location is responsible for the unloading of the pallets from the vehicle. The driver will not assist in unloading.
- Truckload carriers provide a maximum of two hours to unload the trailers. If two hours is exceeded, you will be charged additional detention charges.
- The process of scheduling the vehicle to pick up will begin once we receive and process payment for the purchased goods and freight.
- Once your payment is received, we will assign the first available vehicle to pick up your product.
- Once a truck has been assigned, you will be contacted by the carrier to schedule a delivery appointment at the delivering location.
- Vehicle availability can determine how quickly the purchased goods are picked up. This could take 24 to 48 hours.
- If you have shipping questions, please call 800-224-3141, option #4
- When should I use a common carrier?
When you cannot pick up or would like FedEx Transportation Management to ship for you. Truck transportation is sometimes more economical than pick-up. Common carriers transport your pallets on a truck with additional shipments so that the costs for transportation can be shared. Please email FedEx Transportation Management at POD7@FEDEX.COM for a shipping quote.
- Are transit times guaranteed?
Transit times are not guaranteed. Our goal is to ship within 3 business days after your order is paid in full. Transit times do not include the day of pick-up.
- What happens if my shipment isn't ready when the driver comes?
Most commonly, the driver will not wait. The driver will be dispatched for the following day.
- What happens if merchandise is damaged in transit?
Title and risk of loss to any merchandise pass to the buyer upon GENCO's tender of shipment to the carrier at GENCO's warehouse. The consignee must file claims with the carrier for damage in transit.
- What is the claims process?
Claims are handled directly between the shipper, consignee and the carrier. GENCO Marketplace is not involved in the actual claims process and has no influence on the carrier's claim decision. Claims with the carrier must be filed within 90 days of delivery. The claimant should only file for loss or damage on the product which was shipped. ALWAYS be as concise as possible in noting specific damage on the delivery receipt. Mark any damaged or missing freight on the delivery BOL immediately!
- Do I call the carrier after scheduling a shipment?
Do not call the freight carrier or terminal since this will duplicate the pick-up. When you schedule shipping through FedEx Transportation Management, the carrier is contacted electronically.
- Can I pick up my order at the warehouse?
Yes, after your payment has been processed, you should make an appointment with the warehouse to schedule the pick-up since they will need time to stage the order. Please note there may be sales tax implications when you pick up your orders at GMP facilities. Please read the answer to "Do I pay taxes for purchases on this website?" in the Registration and Buying section of FAQs.
- Do you ship overseas?
No. The buyer must be physically established in the United States with a US-based shipping address. Foreign buyers can contact our Customer Support department with more questions.
- How do I change my e-mail, address, and other personal information?
You can change pertinent information on the "My Account" page by clicking the EDIT button, inserting the new information and clicking the UPDATE button. Or, changes may be made with a Customer Service Representative by calling 800-224-3141, option #2.
- How can I see my orders?
View your order history on the "My Account" page under "My Order History."